Published in the City Hub and City News.
If Sydney’s sodden summer makes you rain check the beach, dive into the izakaya underworld. Gather some pals in a dark padded private room at Mizuya to sing while you sup! Owner Jessie Chau gave me the lowdown on the top five foods you order on a touch screen and consume whilst still holding the microphone:
1) Marble Beef Kushiyaki – it’s meat, on a stick!
2) Barbecued Dried Squid – self-explanatory but tasty.
3) Takoyaki – compelling octopus and potato balls drizzled with mayo.
4) Chicken Karaage – ditch KFC for a healthier Japanese version of fried chicken.
5) Chilli and Garlic Edamame – crunchy soybeans you peel and pop!
Mizuya Japanese Restaurant & Karaoke
Open 7 days 11.30am-midnight (2am close Fri/Sat)
Basement, 614 George Street, Sydney
Ph: (02) 9266 0866